Last Updated on by
Azure Data Factory Most Frequently Asked Interview Questions
Azure Data Factory is a popular cloud-based Microsoft tool that can be used to collect raw data and turn it into usable information. It is a data integration ETL (extract, transform, and load) service that is designed to automate the task of raw data transformation. In this post, we have listed out some of the most frequently asked interview questions on Azure Data Factory. Going through these questions can help you in your Data Factory interview preparation process.
If you are a fresher who’s interested in learning Azure Data Factory from the hands of real-time experts then look no further beyond our Kelly Technologies advanced Azure DevOps Training in Hyderabad program.
Frequently Asked Interview Questions on Azure Data Factory:
- Briefly describe the purpose of the ADF Service
Azure Data Factory is developed by the Microsoft foundation to orchestrate the data copying between different relational and non-relational data sources, hosted in the cloud or locally in your datacenters. This service can also be used to transform raw data to meet your business requirements.
- How would you differentiate Dataset & Linked Service in Data Factory?
Linked Service is nothing but the description of the connection string that is used to connect to the data stores.
Dataset is more like a reference to the data store that is described by the linked service.
- What is Data Factory Integration Runtime?
Integration Runtime can be interpreted as a secure computing infrastructure. We use Integration Runtime in ADF to provide the data integration capabilities across the different network environments.
- Which firewall option do we need to enable while copying data from or to an Azure SQL Database using Data Factory, to allow the Data Factory to access that database?
Allow Azure services and resources to access this server firewall option.
- What is Azure SSIS Integration Runtime?
IT can be interpreted as a fully managed cluster of virtual machines hosted in Azure and dedicated to running SSIS packages in the Data Factory. By simply configuring the node size, in the VMs cluster we can scale up the SSIS IR nodes.
- What is required to execute an SSIS package in Data Factory?
When it comes to executing an SSIS package in Data Factory, we need to create SSIS IR and an SSISDB catalog hosted in Azure SQL Database.
- To run an SSIS package in Azure which Data Factory activity would you use?
To run an SSIS package in Azure we should be using execute SSIS Package activity.
- What is blob storage in Azure?
When we are dealing with the task of storing a relatively large number of data files with unstructured object data we will be using Azure Blob Storage service.
- What are the most common uses of Blob Storage?
Some of the most common uses of Blob Storage are listed here below
- Helps in serving images or documents directly to a browser
- Storing files for distributed access
- Streaming video and audio
- Storing data for backup and restore disaster recovery, and archiving
- Storing data for analysis by an on-premises or Azure-hosted service
You can master real-world job-centric skills in Azure Data Factory and prepare for the ADF interview rounds in the best way possible with the help of our advanced Azure Data Factory Course in Hyderabad program by the domain experts.
Kumar Raja is a multidisciplinary writer, and lifelong learner. He’s a Digital Marketer in the making who spends his time analyzing the developments in the tech world. He’s very passionate about helping people understand the latest trends in the tech world through his well-researched articles. He’s able to condense complicated information about the latest technologies into easily digestible articles.